Below is the steps to reinstall SAP client; if it is a fresh install, please start from step 9.
- Uninstall all the following SAP components (32-bit or 64-bit).
- Uninstall MaxDB if it is in the program list.
- Remove or rename folder:
C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP and
- Remove all files under %temp% folder.
- Remove or rename SAP folder under Windows user profile:
- Open Window Registry, remove SAP folder under:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\software and HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software
- Reboot computer and login Windows as Local administrator user.
- Run \\[SAP server name]\B1_SHR \Client.x64\setup.exe as Administrator and install SAP client.
- Run SAP as Administrator for the first time and wait for all add-ons to be installed automatically.
NOTE: To determine to use 32bit or 64bit client, please follow the steps below:
- Check the Windows Operation System, if it is 32bit, you could only install 32bit SAP client; if it is 64bit, please use next step to determine which version to install
- Check an existing installation on another workstation, log in to SAP, navigate to menu: Administration - Addon - addon manager; if there are any addons shown, if x86 - means 32bit; if x64 - means 64bit. Please install the same version of client as the addon
- If no addon is used, you could use 32bit or 64bit but we would suggest to use 64bit as it handles memory better than 32bit.